October 22, 2009

And for Tonight...


Chili Mac Casserole

1 cup uncooked wagon wheel pasta (cooked) ( I used tri color rotini)
1 pound lean ground beef ( browned)
1/2 cup chopped onion ( I used slightly more)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can turkey chili with beans
1 can stewed tomatoes ( I'll be changing this to diced next time)
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I ..... well I doubled this)
1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper



Mix everything but half the cheese together and into a 2qt casserole dish. Cover with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or till cheese on top is all bubbly. Eat.

***********************************************************************

This one was one of my choices. I withheld snack this evening in the hopes that the kids will eat some of the dinner I'm getting ready for them. It ended up being quite a bit more food then I'd anticipated so if I actually get them to eat it we'll have it again tomorrow...We'll see.........
*update*
Nope. Not good. Maybe with a ton more seasoning.. more taco seasoning or something? But not good, for the ammount of effort that goes in to the meal.....

No comments: