February 02, 2006

21 week update

Total weight gained so far: 12 pounds ( much better then with Rae.. was up 18 by now)
Heartrate ( once we got him to hold still): 143
Blood Sugar: GOOD! No GD this time ( so far!)
Placenta is in front, doc says should move up as belly grows, so no conerns if emergency C-Section is needed.
BOY is measuring a full week ahead.. as far as ultrasound results go, anyway.

Names:

OK, we are so stumped. Honestly, NO idea. If I like one, Matt doesn't. Same for him. Neither of us have come up with anything that we LOVE. What we like together:

Griffyn
Grady ( I like more then Matt)
Kael ( Matt likes more then I... I really am drawn to 2 syllable names, although I love this for a middle name..)

And that's it. Those are just LIKEs! Sheesh. Will not worry though. Have 19 weeks or so to figure this out. But when I look back at old notes... we had 3 of our final 4 name choices for Raegan by this point..... and we need a name sooner rather then later so we can start to introduce Rae to her baby brother. That way, she kind of knows who he is when he comes home. He needs to be more then just "baby" as he isn't just a baby, but OUR baby. HER brother, Not going to be leaving any time soon..

10 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

Griffyn Kael? Grady Kael doesn't sound right......

Griffyn is very cool. Little Griffie.... :) I like the spelling too. A little different. Raegan and Griffyin Merritt. Goes well!

Davinie Fiero said...

I mean Griffyn

Sabrina said...

We had Kael Griffyn planned as a final 2 name choice when we were pregnant with Raegan. Now I'm not sure about Kael.. I do really like it, but I am just so hung up on 2 syllable first names.. but I think it flows better then Griffyn Kael. Honestly, that is the only name set we really have at this point. This is so frustrating!

Davinie Fiero said...

Kael Griffyn does sound better than Griffyn Kael..... You could name him Kael Griffyn and call him Griffyn. When he's old and distinguished he can go by K. Griffyn Merrit... attorney at law... MD.... :)

Davinie Fiero said...

What about Griffyn Kade? I just thought of that on the way to work this morning, and am now sneaking a post so I don't forget.. I think that kinda sounds cute together......

The Writer said...

I think I need to get you together with Kari as you both like the weird and bizarre (in my taste anyway, though I like Griffyn Kale and the reciprocal) and she's feeling stumped but has lots of ideas. Want me to set something up?

Sabrina said...

Yes! That would be great!

The Writer said...

I hate to say this but, Kari is thinking about naming her child Frances if it is a girl. I tried to tell her that no little girl wants the name of an eighty year old and her response was "it's classic". Whatever. If I get the two of you together, talk her out of it. Deal?

Sabrina said...

OK, see, here's the thing.. I totally agree with her! I LOVE the idea of classic names for girls! Pearl and Opal were on our list of possabilities, as was Gertrude ( my grandmothers name). So, um, I can try, but I don't think it will come off as sincere....

Anonymous said...

Hey,
What about Hank?

Or...

Gus?

OR...

Myson?
\

Just a thought!

Mom