February 09, 2006

Yes, I am a Bad Blogger.

I belong to the BB club, and as part of the membership, I can't post any more then once a week. ( occasionally, I will break all rules and post several times, but I was trying out this new membership thingie and didn't want to be kicked out too soon!)

Um.. What's happening here.....

Matt is cramming for his midterms. He is doing fabulous in all classes.... Except his online-home class. Apparently Raegan and I are just a bit too distracting. Will work on that for the next half of the term. Hey, I can't help it if I am more interesting then his text book! Perhaps if I just stopped talking to him while he tries to study?.....

Raegan is starting to assert her independence. This is a nice way of saying she has learned the joys of "Temper Tantrum" ( TT) complete with " Throw Self On Floor" (TSOF). Needless to say she is practicing her TT-TSOF several times a day. Did Mommie close the oven BEFORE you could put your hands in it?? TT-TSOF. Did she stop you from putting that puppy poo in your mouth when she missed that you picked it up in the first place? TT-TSOF ( and yes... That TSOF resulted in full bath and the throwing out of a perfectly nice shirt.... well not so nice as the TSOF happened AFTER she threw down the poo... ). I have to say, I'm not sure what exactly I can do about these episodes, so I am hoping she will shortly get bored of them when she learns that all she gains is a good view of the ceiling... As Mom just walks away when she does it.

Little Man ( LM) is going to be a football linebacker. Yes, imagine my surprise. He has decided the best time to practice his moves is around midnight... EVERY night. Raegan was SO much more polite! As a side note, he was 14oz at his 21 week ultrasound... and several of the mommies in my online forum group had previous sons that weighed around 12-13 oz at 20 weeks... and were around 10 POUNDS when born. Lets just say that information is not comforting.
I have changed my mind about LM's room, so we are no longer going with a farm theme, at least not as far as the decor goes... I'd probably get bored of it soon anyway.
I HAVE, however, painted the base color in his room, and hope to have the walls all done by Sunday. Until then, I'll say no more.

Chloe and Lola get threatened with a punting out the front door at least 10 times a day.... but I still love them, and Raegan has adopted them as her own personal doggies, so I couldn't do it anyway ( and who am I kidding.. I couldn't punt them if I tried. )

But the poo-inspired TT-TSOF incident doesn't help their cause.

2 comments:

alyca said...

Woohoo!! An update!! Will wonders never cease?!? Nice description of the TSOF-TT with PP. Inspires me to take BCP. (Teehee)

The Writer said...

Too funny alyca!! Seriously though, girl, those can get exponentially worse if dealt with in the wrong manner, so if the ignore and walk away thing doesn't seem to be working try something new, and fast! We have to keep changing it up with Corb to keep them under wraps. Good luck with those!