June 17, 2011

Oregon Coast Vacation, Day ONE

No matter how ugly the weather, the kids are in the water. It was NOT fun outside but within minutes of climbing out of the car after our long drive everyone was covered in sand and the majority of us were soaking wet.. Just as it should be! The kids were fantastic in the car, and it's a long boring twisty turny drive so that's saying something. We were worried about bringing the pups because they tend to antagonize each other and whine in their crates a lot.. but not a peep was heard. It was probably the nicest drive with kids I've taken.
 Kari and I were pretty bummed, yet again we got crap weather for our "summer" vacation, but by the end of the day it just didn't matter, we had a blast anyway! WILL be checking the Farmers Almanac next year, we have the worst luck! But it wasn't actively raining the whole time, so I'll take that as a victory. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun! I love all the pictures!!! And I would love to trade you...my sunshine for your drab??