January 06, 2010

Every Now and Then I Actually Get it Right


Stopped off at Habitat for Humanity today, spent ten minutes haggling over a lifetime of peace for Raegan. Yep, I got the child her own desk. Morgan and Payton have an official desk art station and it sounded like such a good idea, the only problem being that Kael will NOT leave Raegan alone. And he isn't artistic at all, not the least bit creative when it comes to paper, that's just not his thing. But he will happily scatter and tear and scribble all over whatever Raegan happens to be working on. Last week I found her hiding in her closet with a coloring book and pockets stuffed full of crayons. So today I got her a desk that she can cram full of whatever artsy fartsy goodness she can come up with, safely away from the pesky brother. We brought it into the house at 6pm, forced her downstairs for dinner, and it's 8:15 & she's still coloring strong. SO excited to have her own space. I told her she could stay up coloring until I went to bed & you'd think I told her she could have the moon. She's growing up, and having this one small official space that is all hers that she doesn't have to share at all.. well every now and then I actually get it right. Today was one of those days.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

alyca said...

Very cool. Nice to have all those drawers to put artsy treasures into.

Pixie said...

That's awesome! It's tough with siblings...Seb & Shan are always having to share things. Some times it's just nice for them to have something just for them. You're a cool mom. ;p