June 29, 2009

Twilight Obsession: Snippet

June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.


Oh thank GAWD. I haven't read the snatched version of Midnight Sun online, even when Stephenie put it on her website, because she also said this:


I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting? It has taken me a while to decide how and if I could respond. But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available here...


and, it is KILLING ME not reading the available draft. I hear it's incredible. Also, Husband purchased me the soundtrack and it has been feeding my obsession quite nicely, so I encourage other Twilight fans to run on out and get it!


**EDIT**

I am such a huge boob. That statement about the impending release of Midnight Sun was made BEFORE the manuscript was leaked. GAH!! Will I never read it??!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you found a support group yet? Because you really need one. (muah!)

Amber said...

I would totally read it online! I read the draft a couple weeks ago and LOVED it! Even if when she publishes the Midnight Sun book it's different than this draft I'm still glad I read the draft because it was great to read a different perspective of the book because Midnight Sun is Edward's prospective of how certain things happend! So go read it, you will like it!

Sabrina said...

I broke down, Amber. and OHMYGAWD she'd better finish that book!!!!!! I LOVE what she had so far!!!