July 20, 2008

Todays Tally:

Injuries to himself today:

skinned up elbow ( tripped on his own feet running to the park)

smashed finger ( slammed the sliding glass door on it)

bruised big toe ( flung his chair on the floor and bounced it off of his toe)

another smashed finger ( stood and leaned back on same chair and tipped it over, smashing his finger under it)

huge goosegg head bump ( playing follow the leader and, again, tripped on his own feet in the tile entrance, catching himself with his forehead)

bitten tongue ( jumped off the back of the couch and bit his tongue when he landed.. on Raegan)

bruised cheek ( climbed up the side of the shower during bath time and jumped, then lost his feet under him and hit his face on the side of the tub.)

black eye ( threw the Frisbee inside.. it bounced off of the wall and hit him in the face)


And today wasn't even a weird day. It was just a normal Kael-beats-the-crap-out-of-himself day. I wince and hold my breath whenever he runs and isn't on carpet or grass. Why? Because he falls down just about every time. What can I do? Not let my 2 year old run?? Yes, I told him to get off the chair, not climb the couch and shower, not throw the Frisbee, etc. I'm not neglecting his care. He's just.. tenacious. But when I'm in the grocery store and it feels like I'm being judged by every person that sees his little black and blue body, how do I explain it? He is a very active little boy. He has no fear. And unless I chain him to the floor, he's going to hurt himself. A lot. So I smile and wander on through the produce department, pretending I don't see the looks. Because that's all i can do.

2 comments:

alyca said...

Sounds a lot like Jobie as a little one...and best I can tell, he survived with no permanent problems.

Ignore them. You know the whole story.

Life Is Good said...

Sounds like normal rough and tumble boy stuff to me!