April 01, 2008

Dagnabbit: Silly Decisions I'm Happy We Made

This? Is Azul. She is 2 weeks old. Her Mama and Papa are two beautiful registered Sphynx cats who live in the beautiful home of a local breeder. Chance, luck, and a wee bit of charm landed me at this nice ladies home with a bag of warm peach fuzz mewling in my hand. I melted. So did Matt and Raegan. Kael wanted to "PAT" her, so he just watched.
This weekend I'll be going back to that nice ladies house to cuddle with the wee little Azul some more.
The following weekend I'll be bringing a t-shirt I've slept in with me.
And in 10 weeks time, I'll be bringing her home.

We've been thinking about this particular breed of cat for quite a while now. A friend introduced us almost a year ago and they have tickled my mind ever since. No hair means no shedding ( and no mystery hairs in the butter..) I don't believe in inside/outside cats anyway ( at least not for people who live "in town" which I always have). And I am definately a DOG person. I loved that my dogs wanted me. That they really did desire my affection. I did NOT love cleaning poo up from the yard. Nor did I like the barking. The jumping. And the work. I? Am a lazy pet owner. Pre-kids, that work wasn't work but surrogacy for the children I deeply wanted. Unfortunately, that all changed when my children came home. I fully admit to being a horrible dog mother and I took the appropriate steps to make that up to my pups. But this is the first time in my life when I haven't had an animal in the home. It's... weird. We had decided to be "cat" people a while ago; they fit in with our lifestyle more. Poop in a box, tidy and all that. But I will admit the hair thing has always bothered me about cats, and the cats I've known are somewhat aloof. I know others' have had a different experience but that is what I've always seen. So when this chance literally dropped into my lap I jumped for it.

So meet *Azul. She will be coming home in 10 weeks time, and we couldn't be more thrilled.




*this name was chosen by the breeder because of her stunning blue color. We like it, but are open to different options. We have 10 weeks to come up with something perfect!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

alyca said...

I didn't realize they had flopped over ears--I thought I was looking at a puppy in the first couple pictures!

Sabrina said...

As she ages her ears will perk up. They are just so large and so delicate that they flop when they are new!

Pixie said...

Oh, she's so cute! The hairless thing sounds perfect...No shedding is a definite perk! I hope she's a great new addition to your family! :)