November 01, 2006

The Skin You're In

Matts Dermatologist just called. He wants Matt to go in to OHSU as soon as possible for genetic testing. Apparently Matts Ichthyosis is very commonly passed onto generations following... so although Raegan and Kael didn't get any of the horror-story versions and most likely didn't get Dads very managable form, they could quite easily pass this onto their children. My grandchildren. The Derm actually said " Frankly, I'm surprised none of your children have presented with any issues."
So.
Genetic tests for dad. If he comes back as able to pass on... genetic tests for Rae and Kael as well. They need to know. I don't know if I'm just blowing this out of proportion or what, but this is the thing of nightmares for me. I have Googled just a bit too much I think. I've become obsessed with research on this condition.

Distract me, will ya?

1 comment:

Life Is Good said...

You are a very loving supportive wife who loves her hubby and her children with great fervor and obsession. Nothing to be ashamed of that is to be sure....still.... I would cut your coffee intake in half and maybe you could slow down to just hyper instead of spaz!

;) You are a ray of sunshine in this often gray world.