June 13, 2006

Makes Me Happy

It's hard to see in this picture, but I am pleased as punch to announce that my boy is going to be a thumb sucker. Doc says he spent his last few "belly weeks" on his side with his hands up by his face... which explains why he insists on sleeping like that still. Here, snoozing with his Daddy, he's got that thumb firmly planted in his mouth, sucking away. Seriously, it is rediculious how happy this makes me.. a thumb sucker! For those of you not in the know, I was a thumb sucker.... till I was 11. Now, I don't wish that long lasting relationship on him, but it is kind of neat to see the tradition passed on! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Life Is Good said...

I am so glad to hear of someone else who thinks that it is cute as punch! Both my kids are thumb suckers - even inutero and everyone else has given us a complex about it. I am not sure why this offends so many but be prepared to take a lot of sh*t for it. I didn't suck my thumb but I don't see the problem with it.

Sabrina said...

Really??!!

OK, if anyone even THINKS of giving us sh*t for this...

I won't finish that thought. No one would dare say anthing.

PLUS..since when is self-soothing in children something to be frowned upon? Ugh... thanks for the heads up!

Davinie Fiero said...

My only concern would be that if he's sucking because he might be hungry.... you need to throw him on one of your girls. You said yourself he lost a bit of weight... although I do think 9 ounces is fairly normal. Make sure he empties the fridge first.... or those tata's might consider jumping off your body and making a run for it.

Pixie said...

This is such a sweet picture! Congrats again, he's sooo cute!

The Writer said...

Yay for thumb-suckers!! My little one was a binky kid, which in my opinion is just as good!! Poo-poo to all those who aren't properly thankful for babies who are eager to soothe themselves!!