June 23, 2005

Hey, she's COPPYIN' me!

Very Cool..... when I say " Uh Oh...", Raegan says "Uh Oh...". When I say " HI!", Raegan says "Iiieee". That little booger is COPPYING me! What a HUGE step forward! Not just mearly making noises that sound like noises she hears all day, but actually making the effort to make the noise that I am making right now! You can almose SEE her little brain absorbing all that information. Very cool!

On a crawling update.. she has stopped using her knees, and instead has decided to army crawl, pushing off with her toes and pulling with her fingers. Literally just her toes though. The rest of her leg stays straight out. Hmmm.. not the best way, but hay, she's figuring it out!

Last weekend we had a try at camping with Davinie and Steve, which just didn't turn out well. In the end, all three of us got sick, and Raegan and I are still fighting it. Don't think we got sick THERE, but I bet the cold weather didn't help. So, we're boogering all over the place, sneezing a lot, Raegan has this ugly cough, and my throat is killing me. Not to mention my head feels like it's full of water. Wonder how her head feels? It's been a fun week, let me tell you. The only good thing is Raegan gets dosed with childrens Motrin in the mornings ( that seems to be the worst time for her) so we both get a LONG first nap of the day. I will not feel guilty for drugging my child. I won't. ( I'm convinced she only got sick because she stopped breastfeeding completely about a week and a half ago. No mama antibodies...)

In other news, Matt has started school. He has 1 class in the mornings, and 2 classes at night, meaning he gets up at 2, works 4.5 hours, goes to class #1, comes home for a nap, homework , gets dinner, goes to class #2 & 3, Home to sleep. This is on tue-thursday. On monday he just has the morning class, so he works, goes to class, works some more, then comes home to sleep. Busy boy, let me tell you. He's gonna burn out, but HE has to decide to cut back on work, I can't make him.

I'm hoping to start work as a Medical Transcriptionist some time this fall. Arranging the training now, and Davinie has a former co-worker who may be "hiring" later on.. hopefully that works! It would be NICE to be able to contribute some $ other then babysitting funds!

Well, That's All for Now, Folks!

1 comment:

Davinie Fiero said...

Morgan's copying you all the time now too. She keeps saying "uh oh" and she never used to do that. She's also being extra destructive, I think, just so she can have a chance to say it, the little stinker.