April 09, 2009

Well Crap.

I think my plecostomus is eating the guppies. The guppies that my children have lovingly named and doted over. Shark Boy only has half a tail & isn't looking so good and Ella is at this moment upside down caught in the fake plants. Must remove later.

Crap. What do I do? Wait for them to be picked off one by one, explaining over and over to my kids about missing fish? Take the guppies to a pet store and trade for a hearty goldfish or something? Flush that pleco?

Ideas?

8 comments:

Jaymee said...

i vote goldfish!! better than trying to explain.

Mandy said...

I think your tank is small enough, you could do okay without the pleco.

Davinie Fiero said...

I thought you knew all about fish! I don't know what I'd do, but maybe go for a goldfish, if that isn't a fish that they eat?

Sabrina said...

Guppies are new to me! Lesson learned, I think we'll go goldfish exchange tomorrow

Life Is Good said...

Um...get rid of the pleco...the tank is really too small for him anyway... Goldfish are the dirtiest fish and do best in ponds or in tanks that are at least 20 gallons....get rid of the pleco and replace your guppies!

Anonymous said...

Ditch the pleco. I could get you a hogsucker!

Unknown said...

Oh, that one above was me, the idiot in Kent. Hi!!!

Sabrina said...

Lisa, if I had any clue at all what that was and if it were something that would fit in our tiny 1.5 gallon tank, I'd totally take you up on it!

Pleco listed free on Craigslist, being picked up today.. two replacement guppies purchased, children told that UckyDucky was eating them and has to go to a new home. All is well in fish land.