July 24, 2008

Next, We'll Need Your Kidney

Took Azul to the vet this morning because she's been sneezing, coughing, and has boogery eyes. Called the vet clinic the breeder took her to to have her records forwarded to my vet only to find out that the only time they claim to have seen her was the day before I brought her home to get medicine for... sneezing coughing and boogery eyes. That, I didn't know.
Huh.

Also, I could have sworn I was IN THAT OFFICE 3 weeks prior to that watching them x-ray her so that we could decide what the prognosis was for her wobbly knees. Like, I was standing right there. Apparently that is all in my head.

Also all in my head? Any immunization records. Records that should have been present because she was supposed to have gotten all of the necessary kitten vaccines. And she was supposed to have on her file all of the nasty Sphynx/general cat diseases that her mother had been tested clean for so that we knew what immunities had passed on to her babies.
What I didn't imagine? I didn't I imagine it when the vet said "if we don't know what immunizations and immunities have been passed on to her, we'll need to do all of those tests before we can treat her fully". I mean I assume he said all of that but can't be positive because I was still cleaning up my own urine off of the floor from when they handed me the $230 bill for the two tests they needed done to start off.

Gak.

So we're back to the vet on Monday to start her on whatever treatment we need to clear up the current sickness, and possibly get the blood work done to test her for all of the other things she could carry so that we can line up what shots she can safely get ( Sphynx are super sensitive. Many immunizations they just can't get because they could, you know, kill them). I'll be spending the rest of the week and the weekend trying to get a hold of the breeder to figure out what the hell is going on. Which will be easy, right?

Except that she's moved.

Joy.

No comments: