May 25, 2008

All Things New

Having a newborn in the house again is quite the experience. There are things that you forget about young babies... the smell. The crying all night. The random twitchiness. The constant need to stop your children from squashing that young'un.
So when we were told we could bring Azul home on Friday, I just wasn't as prepared as I should have been.
First: Kittens do NOT hold still. At all. Ever. Unless they are passed out.
Second: The smell that a cat can produce from it's rear is the WORST smell ever recorded. Want to clear a room? Cat fart.
Third: Crying. All. Night. She's alone for the first time, and must weep about it. I can't blame her but I'd really like her to shut up, if that's not too much to ask. How did we resolve that issue? She's in bed with us now. Not a peep for 9 hours straight. We'll wean her from our bed later, right now I just want to sleep. Plus it's kind of cute to see her curled up under Matts chin. Oh, Matt. She has "chosen" him. He is the MAN, apparently. I already knew that, but it's nice to have the feline validation.

So anyway, things have been exciting around here these last few days! Not ONE good picture ( see point #1) but I'm sure eventually she'll freak herself out enough to hold still for a picture. Until then, a snapshot of the last 48 hours:





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

alyca said...

I like the first picture best...