January 24, 2008

Injection: Rejection


Kael had his 18 month appointment today ( at, *ahem* 19+ months) and considering, all went well!
Considering what? You ask...
Considering I missed his 15 month appointment so this one was full of shots! Sorry buddy!!! Luckily, my son is an awesome Champ. I handed him a lolly-pop before, he cried during ( ok, cried is the polite description. Let's just say I died a little today in that 45 seconds. Shame, Mama. Shame. ) and was all happy, sticky candy smiles just a minute after. Champ.

Also: Moose. Yes, Kael is indeed the moose I have proclaimed him to be. A full 3 feet in height ( 36.5 inches tall) putting him firmly in the 99th percentile for height. 32.5 pounds, putting him in the 97th percentile for weight. He's ahead on his word count and while it is new, he has begun simple sentences.. and mocking. He mocks a wee bit now. He thinks saying Daddy is stinky is rather funny and spent the better part of dinner tonight saying EWWWW YUCK!!! and laughing at my pork chops, just to get a reaction from me. Now this would bother me if he wasn't eating but as I said; 97th percentile. Eating is his favorite thing to do, EVAH! Child is a human disposal, which is a sweet change from Raegans super super picky eating habits. He has also beat the books in his pretend play. Child seriously thinks he's a frog. Walk holding my hand? Uh, no. Bounce on all fours screaming RIBBITT!!!!!!! Sure.
You do whatever you need, buddy. Injection day? It's all about you. Ribbitt away, son.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Life Is Good said...

Yeah those 45 seconds suck but the diseases that they are protected from are FAR WORSE that some tears and screams from a shot!

Anonymous said...

I am glad he got his shots!
I remember crying right along with my babie's first shots.
You know that saying" It hurts me more than it hurts you"
It is true!
The hat is darling!!
Keep it up!
Love
Mom