August 02, 2007

You Taught Me So Much, And Loved So Fully. I Will Never Forget You, My Ladies.


So today was a pretty rough day. Today I loaded all of my children up in the car... my sweet Raegan, my rambunctious Kael... and my eldest two, Chloe and Lola. We took a long drive up to Government Camp, with the kids napping and watching a movie in the back and the sweet ladies taking turns on my lap in front. When we reached the rest stop at Government Camp, Raegan and Kael were asleep. Chloe, Lola and I got out and played in front of the car in the grass.
10 minutes or so after arriving a sweet woman came up to me, shook my hand, gave me a hug. I gathered my two first "children" up into my arms, kisses and hugs... then handed their leashes to this sweet woman and watched her walk away, "my" girls happily doodling along behind her. They loaded up into a van with the label "Doxie Rescue League" in prominent letters on the side, and drove away.
I got back into my car. It is much quieter in there now. No one is whining at the window. No one is eating found floor "candy". It's just me and my two sleeping babies in the back seat.. one of which is snoring. Start the engine. Drive away. Raegan woke up maybe 10 minutes later; sleepily asked where "her" puppies were. I told her they were going to stay with a new lady in a new house, just like Raegan was going to go to HER new house. She just said OH! and went back to sleep.

So today was a pretty rough day. But I'm told tomorrow will be easier. And the next even more so.

You taught me so much, and loved so fully. I will never forget you, ladies, and will love you forever.

Your first Mama.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chandra said...

I know exactly how you feel. I did the same back in May. Oh my word it is hard. It looks like you have enough to keep your mind busy with the children. I don't have any children so I often think about my Sixer.

M3 said...

Oh I'm so sorry! That is so, so hard. :-(

The Writer said...

Ok, I actually cried a little. Not sure if that's because it really is very sad and I'm super sorry it came to this or because I'm 35 weeks pregnancy and prone to all sorts of weirdness.

Either way, love to you and prayers for the girls' well being and contentedness.