May 13, 2007

Mothering Day

Today is Mothers Day, a day for all mothers to feel their most Mother-y. I spent today as it should be spent....... being a mother. What better way to celebrate the day then to coddle the creators? We had an easy morning and a fun afternoon spent at the Skelleton Caves with the Wethers clan. The kids gifted me with a late afternoon nap, and my darling husband gifted me with quiet time away from the kids reading after dinner.
I sat comfortably on my warm little porch, one hand on a cup of vanilla Chai tea and the other on my book. Engrossed. I paused when I heard their excited squeaks inside the house and a part of me wanted to join in on the fun.. But I was getting a Mothers Day break. I could sit outside as long as I wanted, away from needy little hands pulling on my pant leg. I turned back to my book but couldn't block out their happy noises. Mothers Day. A day to enjoy BEING a mother....
A mother bird flew overhead and landed on the branch above me, tweeting with joy as she readied her nest, being a mother on Mothers Day. "Happy Mothes Day, little bird!" I thought. I turned back to my paragraph.

The bird. Crapped. On my book.

My decision made for me, it seems. I happily went back inside and joined my little family; being the Mother. On Mothers Day.

6 comments:

Life Is Good said...

Happy Mommy's Day!

Sounds like a fun day! As far as the bird poop thing...I think you are gonna be laughing about that for years on Mother's Day!

alyca said...

I guess you were invading her space on HER mothers day getaway from the little ones.

alyca said...

Okay, you seriously need to fix your links. The link to the salsa in china page is wrong and HAS been wrong for like 6 months now. FIX IT!!!

Davinie Fiero said...

::SNORT:: Happy Mom day!

M3 said...

Ha! Good decision. I would have done the same thing. :-)

(And Alyca's comment is cracking me up!)

Sabrina said...

FIXED!