May 05, 2007

Burns, it is a No-No

Alas, our adventure in Burns is officially a no-go. A few months ago Matt came across a couple of awesome job opportunities working for the Harney County ESD. It would have been awesome. Making close to twice what we do now with half the expense. Yah, in po-dunk Burns, but it would have given him an opportunity to get the experience necessary for the "big" jobs in better locations. Funny thing, the head of the ESD technical department is none other then Rod Bennett, my old computers teacher in High School. We kept in good touch with them concerning his application and by all accounts he was the front runner for this job........ then the city did a budget cut and out when the positions. We've been assured that if they ever open up again he'll get a call, but there isn't another budget meeting like this one for another year. Dang. I was NOT looking forward to moving back to Burns, but I WAS looking forward to the opportunity.

Well, Back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

Pixie said...

Well, I'm sorry you guys won't be getting that kind of opportunity. Sounds like it was going to be a good one.
I'm leaving the hospital sometime tomorrow (hopefully before noon) but you're welcome to stop by our house if you'd like to see him.

The Writer said...

I'm bummed that you're not going.....but I'm happy you're not going.

Yeah, makes no sense to me either.