May 02, 2007

Be-Jesus and the Abuser

Life in a trailer park is grand. Why, just the other day I got to talk to a nice police officer about my abusive neighbors! Then I got to talk to the nice 911 ladies when the abuse escelated!And last night and the night before I got to talk to my park manager about the noise in the neighbor home at midnight. I may get lucky and get to talk to them again tonight. And if I'm having a REALLY good time, I may get to have a chat with social services.
You see, I have abusive neighbors. Angry, physically and mentally abusive neighbors. Picture your most steriotypical trailer trash, multiply by 6,798 and you get the asses that abode 10 feet from my home. One woman and two men live there full time, with each of those mens children residing there as well about half the month. At the first available opportunity I will be approaching said children and telling them all about my "safe" house. This IS a safe house. If things get scary at your home and you want a safe place to come, you come right on over! The next step is to locate Matts Glock and the bullets for said man-killer, because I know if those children ever DID come over to my home for refuge the drunk men wouldn't be far behind. And I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna let them in my home! To be quite frank, my neighbors scare the be-Jesus out of me, and since I haven't acutelly really FOUND be-jesus that isn't a good thing. It boils down to this.

It's time to move. Again.

Damnit.

6 comments:

alyca said...

This really sucks. Just keep up with 911. OR.......(and??) call CPS. Tell them of your worries. Write down everything you have seen/heard with dates, etc. Tell them you are worried about the safety of the kids. They will send a social worker out to check on them and start a CPS case if they think it is needed. They can keep a closer eye on them.

Sabrina said...

Oh i sure will keep with the 911 calls. The problem is thus: as per our local police man ( and my friend Mrs. Starbuck who was, until a year ago, the HEAD of the Redmond CPS department), it isn't legally wrong to smoke, drink, and yell at/around children. It isn't illegal to keep them up all night, to make them go outside at 3 am in 20 degree wether so you can have a "private" moment with the group in your home. Isn't against any LAW but a moral one. Unfortunately, you can't make trailer trash act like they aren't trailer trash. Until/unless I see them HIT the kids, or FORCE them to drink/smoke, whatever, they aren't technically breaking any law. I'll keep turning them in, I'll make myself as available to the children as possible... but they own the house next door. Worst case scenario the guy(s) spend a few nights in jail, then come on home to do it all over again. The park isn't going to kick them out because in 2 years it's being demolished and turned into a "real" neighborhood. They would never find anyone willing to go through the expense of filling that space when they are just going to have to vacate it in 2 years. It sucks. Saving moolah now, hope to be able to move some time this summer.

alyca said...

And you really can't have the kids come into your house. It would be considered 'kidnapping' because there is no parental permission. And if the guys came over and made a scene to get their kids, you can't shoot them--they have the right to get their kids, and you can't claim self defense. Sucks, though.

Call the CPS people and tell them you 'suspect' they may be hitting, etc, etc, etc the kids. Suspicion may be helpful enough to get CPS to come. Having CPS come would tend to get people on their best behavior, at least for a couple days.

Sabrina said...

I did check that one out too because I was worried... if the police are called as soon as the children come over then I can legally keep them here. And of COURSE I wouldn't just go on a shooting spree, but these guys are scary. I'm not worried about them "making a scene". I'm worried about them killing me for stepping in. They have SERIOUSLY damaged the woman next door ( she says broken bones, etc. in the past although the other day they "just" beat up the side of her head making her ear and mouth bleed, swell up, and bruise horribly) and I truely DO fear for my safety and the safety of the children in my home. If these guys were really to beat down the door I would be within my legal rights to defend my self and my home. The call to the cops makes my "posession" of the children under these circumstances a legal one.

Davinie Fiero said...

I'd have already moved out. Doesn't sound like a safe place for MY kids, let alone their kids.

Sabrina said...

Believe me, I am desperate to do so. But first, last and deposit......... it's gonna take us some time.