April 22, 2007

One Schmart Cookee

Raegan has recently had a tv/dvd moved into her room. She hasn't been napping so we thought a 2 hour tv time/quiet period would suffice. Give her a chance to unwind and relax for a few.

Raegan is smart.

Very, Very smart.

We put a plexiglass panel over the bottom of the TV so that all the buttons, etc were covered. You have to use the remote ( with it's thousands of little buttons) to do anything as ALL buttons are covered.

Today, I put her in her room for quiet time with Spirit, Stallion of the Cimmaron on the TV. I put the remote on top of the TV.

When I came in to let her know that quiet time was over I found her room a disaster, her body nekkid, her pot-pot FULL of pee, and ELMO Potty time playing on the DVD player. Remote back on top of the TV.

From what I can gather from the evidence, she pushed her tricycle into her closet and got the pot-pot off of it's shelf.
She opened the drawers on her dresser to create a staircase to the top of the TV where she got the remote. She also retrieved the ELMO DVD from the top of said TV. She swapped out the movies (**WITH THE REMOTE... THOUSANDS OF LITTLE BUTTONS... DIFFICULT FOR MOM TO OPERATE**) put the remote back, stripped down, and spent her 2 hours of quiet time re-playing the potty movie as she filled up the pot pot.

My God, that girl is SMART!

6 comments:

M3 said...

Oh My God!!! You are so in trouble when she hits the teen years. ;-)

Davinie Fiero said...

I'm not sure what I think about this... I'm wondering how the heck you didn't hear her doing anything, and I'm also thanking my lucky stars that your girl didn't break her neck. It sounds like the TV is on top of a dresser, and that she pulled out dresser drawers to climb up there? When dresser drawers are pulled out it puts all the weight on the front, and if she was climbing on it, that pulled even more weight to the front. It's a miracle the whole thing didn't knock over and that she didn't have a TV land on her face. Resourceful girl, yes, but certainly not something I'd be happily blogging about. Steve, who goes to 911 calls for silly accidents like this, was not happy to hear it. Whenever she's at my house she's all over puzzles like butter on a pancake... I think you need to take that TV out of her room and give her something to exercise her growing brain instead. Obviously she's trying to tell you that too. But that's just my .02.

Neat new blog setup. And I like your banner too. You are going to have to teach me how to do that custom thing. I want to... but do not understand HTML AT ALL.....

Life Is Good said...

She is definately smart and stealthy. She is going to make a great spy or maybe a ninja!

Let's face it..even at this age kids are uber intelligent...far more than we give them credit for.

Oh and I love the new page set up.

Sabrina said...

RE: the TV
The first thing we did when we decided to move it into her room was bolt the dresser to the wall with "L" brackets, no worries Auntie!

Pixie said...

Oh my gosh! She's really smart! I've never heard a kid doing the whole "self potty-training" thing...That's certainly impressive! Thanks for the offer of your doula services, I'll definitely consider it. I love the new page too, looks cool.

The Writer said...

She IS totally sneaky. Gonna keep her mama on her toes! This is going to force you to outwit her and be two steps ahead.

Just bear in mind that if you let her believe that she is smarter and more clever than you, the rest of our motherly reputations suffer. PLEASE maintain our illusion of power! Don't let the little dictators win!!!!