December 20, 2006

Fingers Crossed

Frantic searching on my part has left us with no home for the dogs but a promising duplex for us. It's 3 blocks from here, 2 bed 2 bath with a yard.. and we can afford it. Bonus that the owner pays water/sewer/garbage. While I am SAD that we won't be keeping the dogs with us, I am hopeful that I can find a family member to watch them for a year till we can either BUY ( yes God, please let us be in a position to buy...) or RENT some place long term and get them back. Worst case scenario I'll contact the Dachshund Rescue League and place the girls together in a new home through them. Sad, sad sad. I love my fur babies, but the living alternatives that I've found that will allow us to keep them are just not acceptable, ie. One bedroom shanties, apartments with no washer/dryer hookups, that kind of thing. Tomorrow we contact the rental company and start the paperwork. I'm gonna try an additional deposit scenario to see if they'll allow the pups, but I doubt it will work. I still have to try!

Fingers Crossed!

2 comments:

Kate said...

My fingers are crossed for you!

Life Is Good said...

It will all work out. Bummer about the dogs.
Best of luck to you. Will pray for a wonderful and quick resolution.