October 23, 2006

We Both Have Lessons to Learn.

Raegan has a hard time with the whole "direct deposit" aspect of #2 in the pot-pot. Today, before nap time, she asked to go potty, poo pot-pot. OK! We get to the bathroom and I take off her diaper, discovering that she had already completed 1+1. I said, as I tipped the contents into the potty:

"Oh NO, Raegan! Oh NO! you pood in your diaper! Not in the pot-pot, you pood in your diaper! Oh no!"

She said:

"Damn it!" and flushed the toilet, running bare-bottomed into her room for a new diaper.

So, um, Yeah. Things for us both to work on...

3 comments:

Amber said...

That's funny! Gave me a laugh! At least she's trying to figure it out! It's a hard lesson to learn about the way you say things around your kids. I have a bit of road rage so Connor has picked up on a few of my less than stellar choice of words in the car! He always asks "Mommy am I supposed to say that?"

The Writer said...

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Don't ya just love coasting along feeling like you're doing a great job at this mom gig when they remind you that nobody's perfect!

Rotten little shits.

Life Is Good said...

Nothing like the kids to let us know that we don't always watch our tongues! They are like the little cussing police.
Best story I ever heard was one of my friend had her mother in law over and when she opened the curtains it was snowing... so her daughter marched right over to the window...put her hands on her hips... and said "well f%&k..it's snowing" Priceless.