September 27, 2006

Passing Time; Two

It's 12:15 a.m..... I just can't seem to wait!
I open your door, sneak to your bedside, and softly pat your back. You sigh, rolling over. Very, VERY quietly I sing Happy Birthday. My sleepy sweet angel.. you wake and drowsely say "again?".. I sing again, tuck you all snug in your boo-ie's, give you a little kiss. I tiptoe back out, both loathe to wake you yet eager to see your sweet, sweet smile come morning.

In the last 365 days you have blossomed from a mischievous little imp into a headstrong girl; sure of yourself and your decisions. You are in a bed now, not a crib. You are starting to dress yourself. You can and do open any and all doors between you and an adventure. You know what you want in life and you know how to get it... Weather that be asking for it or doing it on your own. You're also tough.. one of the toughest kids I have ever met. You meet every challenge head on, fearless. You make me proud in all that you do. We may butt heads occasionally ( cookies for breakfast?) but your strength amazes me. You are fast becoming your own little person with your own ideas, wants and needs. Watching you grow up and away from me has been hard.. but then you'll come up to me, hold out your little arms and say, in that sweet, sweet small voice of yours, "Mama, Hold You?" and snuggle yourself into my body; further into my heart. I love you so much Raegan. You are my world; my world, all wrapped up in silly giggles and bathtub bubbles; in "Mama, hold you?" and butterfly kisses. Thank you. Thank you for letting me be a part of you; For letting me watch you grow.

Happy Birthday, Raegan. Your Mama loves you!

4 comments:

alyca said...

Happy Birthday, Raegan!! Have a wonderful party! I wish I could come....

Sabrina said...

No party today.... she just isn't up to it... But she thanks you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, pass the tissues, I'm having a cry! I feel the same way about my daughters, and I hope that I show it the same way in my blog. No one could ever doubt that you love your kids so much and are a fantastic mother to them.
x

Life Is Good said...

Okay, so I had to at least surf and see what was up with everyone.

Happy Birthday Raegan. Bummer she is not doing super-d-duper but glad she is doing better.

Wonderful post. Very very sweet! Yes, our children are a blessing aren't they?