August 01, 2006

The Healthy Looking Girl with a Car Bib

"You look nice today." the strange man at the 7-11 says as he lines up behind me and my pile of junk food.

"Thank You." I reply.

"Yeah, I need to get me a healthy looking girl."

".......?"

*********

"Oh, you got sauce on your shirt again." Matt says on the drive home from Seattle.

"What, AGAIN?" I reply.

"Yeah, we need to get you a car bib.. you know, like those pocket bibisters? Then when you drop food you can catch it and eat it too."

"..........?"


**********

"Oh, I have some clothes for you." My mother says as I visit with her in Portland.

" Really? That's great!" I reply.

"Yeah, I have some pants and shorts that are too big for me now."

"............!"


***************************

So... that's me. The healthy looking girl with the car bib wearing her mothers fat pants. Yep.

Here's the surprising part.... I am actually pretty OK with that. I know some day I'll be back to a normal weight, but that day certainly isn't today.. tomorrow isn't looking good either.

8 comments:

Life Is Good said...

I LOVE YOU!

You make me laugh!

Coffee Wed night here - facials

Davinie Fiero said...

This made me laugh out loud.

I have a car bib for ya..... but, I fear your neck might be too big for it. Dang! So now you are the healthy girl with your mom's fat pants who's neck is too big for my car bib.

Don't worry. I'll still sit next to you.

The Writer said...

Whoa. I work with people like you.

I won't tell you what we call them, though.

Anonymous said...

Well atleast your not wearing MY fat pants!! You can take comfort in that.

Life Is Good said...

Don't forget your bib tonight!

M3 said...

Youch - dang people! I'd have been huddled in a corner crying after the final comment.

Who cares - you've got the perfect attitude. And besides, you look awesome in your pictures. :-)

Life Is Good said...

I think you look awesome!
Healthy is not a bad look. Your skin is radiant! Your kids are gorgeous! The other side of this coin is you could be a size 3 and we could all be trying to get you to eat a sandwich!
As far as the bib thing-- wanna borrow one of mine? These 36DD hooters of mine make a fine shelf for everything to land on. And my husband - just like with the speaker wire black hair sticking out of my neck conversation last night - will not mention said "wire" nor stain until after we leave the event or are done talking to someone whom I might care about their opinion of me!

Laugh about it baby! Life is Good!

Life Is Good said...

Oh and by the way - you don't look fat at all!

I look WAY "healthier" than you!