August 09, 2006

0m8w6d

Kael

13 pounds 5 ounces

24 inches long

Oh yeah. My little man is proving to be not so little after all! Firmly in the 90th percentile, Kael just keeps growing and growing and growing.....

It was shot day today. After much research and discussion we decided to go ahead and go the full round of shots this session ( one, if I hear ONE nanny-nanny poo-poo I swear I'll do a drive-by fruiting. I swear. ), which included his 2nd hep B, DTP, PCV, Hib, and IPV. Ugh, I hate shot day. It truly hurts me to see my wee ones in pain. Kael actually gasped in surprise that first shot and was purple screaming by the time number three was done. Of course, I was crying too... I'm quite the sympathy crier it seems. The rest of today he was pretty upset.. Really tired and you can tell his legs are sore. The only thing that stops his sad little whimpers is bouncing on the birthing ball. Needless to say I've bounced MILES on that thing today. I don't mind... Whatever makes him feel better.

Anyway, nothing the least bit interesting to tell y'all at the moment. Still trying to come up with a topic for some long and irrational discussion. I will leave you with this.....

*Coldstone Creamery Cakebatter Icecream with Graham Cracker Crust.

Beat that.


*My abundantly dimpled butt-thigh just quivers with excitement when we hear the words Coldstone Creamery... It's a sad, sad addiction that will bring me to the poor house, I'm sure. Oh Wait, I'm already in the poor-house...

9 comments:

Life Is Good said...

I agree that getting your child's shots SUCKS big time. It does feel like you are doing something horrible. However the possibilities of the pain and suffering that they could experience if they did not get vaccinations would I am sure be worse than shots - or treatment for those diseases could require many shots.
Oh and yeh, cake batter, mmmmmmm. Think of it this way though - bouncing on that ball works your butt/thighs and thus they deserve the treat of ice cream for working so hard to console the adorable Kael!
Come to think of it - I visited Baskin Robbins just to congratulate myself for enduring my tat.
I can always come up with a reason as to why we SHOULD eat ice cream! That's me - justifying my sweet tooth however I can.

Davinie Fiero said...

Why would anyone poo poo getting vaccinations to prevent serious diseases? I think you read too many hippie blogs.

Davinie Fiero said...

In our family we call it the butt thigh. :) Right Sabrina!? Sabrina loves hers. She takes it with her EVERYWHERE.

Life Is Good said...

Sabrina is your sister pickin on you?
I am sorry sweetie but I am laughing at your expense!
Can I make it up to you? I'll buy you ice cream or coffee :)

Sabrina said...

Te hee... yes she's pickin on me.. But that's OK, it is in support. Us Butt-thigh gals have to stick together, doncha know.

;-)

alyca said...

Ummm....Sabrina...there is no sticking together with you and Davinie....Davinie has inherited the ghetto booty, not the butt thigh.....get yer facts straight!!

The Writer said...

Butt-thigh? Bleg? Have you forgotten the dreaded cankels? All I can say is Amen to the hippie blogs comment and I'm glad and not gloating (hardly) that you went with all the shots you smart, informed, sophisticated mommy, you!!

As for the ice cream, I'm not gonna try to beat it, I'll just steal yours and eat it!

Hah!

Life Is Good said...

Just curious.... doesn't 8 weeks equal 2 months? So wouldn't it be 2 months 6 days?
Just curious

Davinie Fiero said...

Um, Alyca, the ghetto booty goes WITH the butt thigh. Just ask J.Lo.

I never leave home without mine!