July 20, 2006

The Scene of the Crime


"OOh, Mama, bug. BUG Mama!!"
I hear the tiny peep from outside. I rush out -my wee on is in danger!- to see Raegan squatting down with a teensie tiny finger pointing at the worlds smallest ant. Not one to enable phobias, I encourage interaction with the bug.
"Squish it, Raegan! Step on it!"
My tiny little darling promptly jumps up and proceeds to dance a little jig on the once merrily gay little insect. Luckily for it she managed to completely miss with every little stomp. I smile indulgently and go back inside, only to turn back when I hear a THWAK, THWAK behind me.
There behind me, I see my darling innocent daughter crouched over the now terrified ant and in perfect 1950's slasher film fashion proceed to crush it in the most horrific way with the jab-jab-jab stab of her bright blue chalk.

Then she picks up the teeny tiny smeared carcass and proudly hands it to me. "Mama, Bug!"

Why, thank you darling.

3 comments:

Life Is Good said...

I curious as to how you can tell an ant is gay? Was he wearing a tshirt with a rainbow on it?

alyca said...

I told you......terrorist in the making....

Davinie Fiero said...

Tee hee