April 07, 2006

A Switch-e-Roo

In my distaste of the regular and ordinary, I decided that our home MUST be completely re-arranged.....so we moved the family room. Yes. We. Did.
The formal living room, the smaller room in the front of the house, gets the best sunlight. It is also adjacent to the dining room, alternately known as my scrapbooking area. Plus... smaller room, smaller mess, right?

You gotta love Matt. He knows he is in for a workout when "I" want to re-arrange things.

So, I did my part and emptied the fish tank. Only some of it ended up on the floor ( which we shampoo'd.... don't worry Davinie!) I had to put all the fish in bags and clean the tank myself , and they all rolled out the window onto the eves, into the bushes, across the street and VOILA! into the ocean.... Oh wait... Ignore that last part.....

Matt dismantled his computer desk and components, hauled around two couches and a cedar chest, moved the TV armoire, and in general did everything.

I helped add water to the fish tank when he was done.

Any-Hoo... I like the end result much more then the original. It's NICE having a bright sunny room, and Rae and I play inside quite a bit, so the cheerful sunny-ness of it all has been positive so far.

Here's the picture... Ignore the messy floor. It always looks like that or worse, but I would like y'all to pretend that I am as tidy as I'd like you to think I am. K'?



5 comments:

M3 said...

Wait - that sounds like serious nesting (I think that's what it's called). You're not supposed to be doing that until the final couple of weeks, aren't you? *grin*

Sabrina said...

If only... Matt would love it if this compulsion of mine was just a pregnancy thing... unfortunately, I tend to "nest" quite a bit.. in fact, that may explain why we move as often as we do. I get boared with things rather easily....

Sabrina said...

AND, as you well know, a person can nest for MONTHS before the "egg" is ready to hatch... *giggle*

Davinie Fiero said...

Looks fine!

The Writer said...

I like it! Very summery!