April 05, 2006

A Crappy Update ( mom junk that only moms want to read.. and even then....)

Poor Raegan. Her little hamburger'd bum is on fire.

We've managed to somewhat stop the vomiting... only one episode yesterday, YAY! She has been eating a few things.. some crackers, banana, and a few shred's of chicken. Oh.. and pickles. She loves her some pickles. She isn't eating near as much as she should be, but her drinking is ok. Maybe 20oz a day... mostly Pedialyte or water. Her fever is mostly gone.. a little high in the evenings (99.6 yesterday).

But the diarrhea. My god, the diarrhea! This poor child is filling a diaper with poo-water every hour at least. Very little to no urine since Saturday. Bag balm... check. Buttpaste... check. Sensative wipes or watered paper towels... check. Neosporin.... check.

Nothing helps.

She hasn't sat down for 2 days.. she is either standing resting her head on the couch or Mama, or laying on her stomach. Last night she screamed bloody murder when I sat her in the bath. Naked time is a waste of time... unless she is slathered with Bag Balm she walks like... well, like her bum is on fire and it hurts. She spends most of her time curled up like a peanut laying on the floor, face squished into her boo-ee... Occasionally she'll find comfort draped face down over Mama's big belly. She wants to be held and comforted all the time, but I can't... If I pick her up, I'm touching her bum somewhere... and that hurts. She just cries. All the time. Imagine the pain and screaming that accompanies each and every diaper change.

Please, please let this clear up some time soon! I don't mind changing the endless diapers... I don't mind the super clinginess... Heck, I don't mind puke all over myself and my house.

But make her stop hurting.... Please.

Sick babies are the WORST!




~

5 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

I feel for ya mama. Go get some Viva paper towels. They have lotion in them and will hurt less than a regular paper towel. I would use that instead of wipes. And I'd still try to do the naked baby time, and just have her lay on your belly. I have some saavy mom friends, I'll check to see if they have any other thoughts.

alyca said...

I wouldn't stick anything on there but bag balm or something vaseline-related. After a diaper change, leave her with nothing so she can air out a bit, even 5-10 minutes will help. Then slather her with the vaseline. The air time will help the wet unhappy skin dry out and get a crust over it (a good thing, the crust will help protect the raw skin underneath and give it a chance to start healing), and the vaseline will protect her skin from the next episode of diarrhea. I wouldn't try anything else down there. I know I have no kids, but I have a lot of experience with butts and diapers. Granted, they ARE much bigger than Rae's, but the principle is still the same. Urine and diarrhea are acidic and they hurt that sensitive skin!

Life Is Good said...

When Jax was in the hospital- the second time- the medicines he was being given were giving him diaper rash and it was "hamburgered" and bloody. They gave us something called Calmoseptine ointment. You have to get it from a pharmacy but you do not have to have a prescription. WalMart will order it for you and have it in less than 24 hours usually. It burns when it first goes on and then it is all better and you usually see improvement in 8 hours. I have some left in my tube and you are welcome to it until you can get your own if you would like!
Poor Baby! I hate diaper rash. Sure glad I don't get it! Goes along with the whole teething thing I guess. We don't remember it later. Thankfully!

The Writer said...

I second the Calmoseptine. It is the magic stuff from heaven. I have a whole bunch, actually. I would also say, hey, try the baby immodium already!!! I have a bunch of that too. Just so you know....

Shelley said...

Oh no - how awful for her! I think gradmabon has some great suggestions. Ugh, So sorry.

Shelley