April 22, 2006

Awareness.

There is a phenomenon out there in the real world, amongst real people, that has gone on un-acknowledged for too long. These people have pain. They have suffering. They have shame and embarrassment. It is time to come out in the open, bond as a group, and deal with our problem.

I'm talking about the C.U.S.W.P.'s- You know who you are.

Can't Use Saran-Wrap People.

I know, it's embarrassing. You tell your friends that you ALWAYS use tupperwear with lids, even though you spend a fortune buying in all sizes to avoid using "The Wrap". You clutter up your cupboards. You invest heavily in spendy "red sauce out" soaps to keep them clean.

All to avoid that plastic-y wad of sticky Saran-wrap and the evils it encourages.

It bunches, sticks to itself, wads up, slips off, and in general is a nuisance. It may or may not stick to your bowl/plate. It may or may not stick to itself.

What it will do, every time, is frustrate the crap out of the person using it.

Well my people, it is time. Time to stand up. Time to be firm. Embrace our differences. Throw out those leftovers that will just mold anyway! Pot Luck? Chips and Salsa!

If we stand together, we can get over this hurdle, I know we can.

C.U.S.W.P. Unite!

8 comments:

alyca said...

Do you guys have a wristband??

Sabrina said...

Yes.. unfortunately it is also made of Saran-Wrap and I can't for the life of me get it to stick to itself in order to make the wrist band.

Davinie Fiero said...

How funny? I apologzize for even SUGGESTING that your pink ice cream had a lid. I should have KNOWN!

:)

Sabrina said...

Te Hee... I giggled inside just a bit when you asked that... It was just that bowl of pink goodness that inspired this post. Do you know that I went through THREE sheets of that evil plastic stuff before I managed to get one that wasn't wadded up to much to stick to the stupid bowl??!! Alas, I made too much of the stuff to fit in any of my tupperwear, and bringing 3 small bowls seemed kind of silly.

Davinie Fiero said...

And then what happens? You leave it at my house! Just saw it this morning.... too late for Papa to return it to you. Whatever shall I do?

Sabrina said...

I'm sorry...
You may....
HAVE...
to eat it.

You do the public a service with this one. Pink stuff should never go to waste!

Life Is Good said...

This is an awesome post! You and Frances with the Peeps! You guys have great entertaining posts that make me giggle like a little girl and it feels wonderful! It is nice to have these little giggles in life!
Good job! And Thanks~

The Writer said...

Woo, girl! I leave for the weekend and we end up having product wars! I feel ya, I gave up and put everything in ziploc baggies now.

I know, I know. I'm a quitter.