April 12, 2006

31 Weeks and Counting

Went in for our 31 week checkup today. Little Man's heartrate was around 156, and he was VERY active for Dr. B. I've only gained 3 pounds... which you should know was a complete SHOCK, as I have been eating REALLY poorly this last month. I was prepared for a lecture on overeating/poor nutrition and everything. Imagine my surprise! This puts me 4 pounds under my weight at Raegans 31 week appointment. YAY!
Because of the frequency and strength of my BH contractions, Dr. B decided to go ahead and do the Fetal Fibronectin test to see if pre-mature labor is a possability. We'll know in a couple of days the results. More then likely I just have an active uterus which would ALSO be a shcok, considering how extremely lazy I am in all other ways. I mean, today must have been National Mow Your Lawn day, and I didn't even dust off the mower.... It will get mowed before National Stone-Your-Neighbor-For-Their-Safari-Yard day comes.... maybe.

3 comments:

The Writer said...

Hee hee! I know all about active babies. I had one of my own. I don't even have to look at my lawn as landscaping service is included in my rent. This is probably a good thing as the only time I've ever actually operated a lawnmower was last summer at my SIL's house and I don't remember how to do it. Either way, they can't stone you if the safari yard keeps them away from the door!

Life Is Good said...

With only two months left before life gets very busy.... I think that you should let the dust build up on that lawnmower - hey wait a minute .... didn't we get married so that we didn't have to mow the lawn. I know it was not just for procreation! As the stronger species they are supposed to mow the lawn! Yeh, that's a pipe dream at my house too!
Anyway, take it easy and relax. Bask in the glory of the single child and love on her lots. Maybe have her help you do something fun for her new brother. And do lots of relaxing. The additional laundry from the little man alone added to your normal laundry is enough to make a nightly glass of wine a welcome sight. Not that they aren't worth it - cuz they are. That wine (or liquid alcoholic refreshment) of your choice will still be welcome!
Can't wait to meet the next UFC champion. Sounds like he is workin' out every day and will be in top shape for his first "match"!

Sabrina said...

Alas, the "Married to the Lawn Mower" days are past... He has too much on his plate as it is with full time work and full time school. On his one afternoon off, I'd like him to play with Rae/Us, etc.. not be out mowing when he hates it. I gladly get behind and push the thing. I'm just too lazy right now. Soon.. I promise...even if it is just the tiny front one that the public sees. In the mean time I feel I have sufficiently satisfied my back-lawn care duties if I de-poo the place a few times a week.
Next chore... shampoo all carpets before Little Man gets here. May just pay someone else to do that...