February 13, 2006

Little Mans Domain

Well, I've finished painting the Little Man's room. The walls are Burnt Walnut color, and the North and South walls have stripes in Freshwater. The stripes are exactly two horizontal Dr.Suess books apart, and two vertical Dr.Suess books wide. 5 on each wall, with the first and 5th wrapping around the corner.
The theme in this room is simply a color theme. I'm going to make his Blankie and crib bumper/skirt myself, so it will be easy to kind of keep with the theme!I saw this bouncy seat by Graco that was a deep chocolate brown and bright teal pattern, and it looked SO fun! So I lightened up those colors considerably and painted them on the walls. The bumper will be a brown/teal-blue pattern with brown gimp, and his blankie will be Mocha Satin on one side and Mocha Fleece on the other, with blue blanket binding. I think that's all the farther I will take the color scheme. It seemed simple, boy-ish, and easy to adapt to whatever fancy I may have in the future. I'll be painting the changing table to match soon. Right now it looks a little nautical, with those two colors together.
So, that's what I've been tinkering with this last week!

2 comments:

M3 said...

Wow, you've really done a lot of work! Good for you. It looks great so far. I need to get back in my nursery and do some more work. You've motivated me!

Davinie Fiero said...

Cute!