January 17, 2006

Why we will no longer watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

A movie she has seen dozens of times before. She likes the songs, she likes the dancing.... but today, what she DOESN"T like.... what she is in fact terrified of.... the CHILD CATCHER. Bloody murder scream.. running into kitchen clutching her blankie... I pick her up, wondering what is wrong??? and she peeks out from under her blankie to stare at the TV.... lower lip pokes out... tears well up.. and another little whimper.

Worst .Mother. Ever.

5 comments:

M3 said...

There's actually something/one called a child catcher(!!!) in that movie? Good lord. I'd be scared too.

Sabrina said...

Ooh.. a Classic that you must see... but aparently should wait till baby is not baby, but maybe irritating 8 year old?? The Child Catcher is actually rather creepy.. I just never really thought about it till I saw my wee ones eyes today when she finally paid attention.. He is a creepy man with an angular face and huge nose, dressed all in black with greasy long black hair and pointy fingered gloves.. and he prances around with this huge net... Yeah, that one goes back into the rear of the cabinet.

The Writer said...

Don't be so melodramatic you big goober. I refer, or course, to that worst mother ever thing. My son happens to be terrified of ET for reasons unknown. My mother allowed us to watch MTV before we were in kindergarden. There are so many worse things. Be calm, oh prego mama....

Davinie Fiero said...

Steve saw ET when he was 6 and was afraid of it too.

I was conscious of that and when it was on the other day, watched part of it with Morgan to see what she thought. She didn't really pay attention, but one time, when she looked at the screen, she called him a turtle, so we are okay. :)

Sabrina said...

Turtle.... oh that is just HYSTERICAL!!!!! Now I will think that every time I see that preview....