April 13, 2008

If Only Her Annoying Mother Would Leave Her Alone.



I needed her to play by herself for a while. I have unpacking to do. So when I came back and found this awesome square of talent.. and the beginnings of several others.. This is where her inner monologue says "see Mom? If you'd just let me express myself how I want to rather then how YOU want me to......"
Beautiful things happen.

And now I feel foolishly limiting, with my hours of "play" getting her to trace alphabet letters and color in the lines. Shut up, Mom. Let her color out of the lines.

Sorry, honey! Never again. You ignore those lines, because the lines you make are limitless in their possibilities and ultimately more beautiful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Life Is Good said...

It's all a learning process and don't worry about coloring inside the lines until like...kindgergarten first grade...right now make it all about the process not the finished project! She is a very smart little girl!