June 14, 2007

Checkity Ups

Updates:
______________________
Kael

25.5 pounds (79th percentile)
31.5 inches tall (85th percentile)
______________________
Raegan

32 pounds (70th percentile)
36 inches (50th percentile)
______________________

Both kids doing awesome....... oh wait, where the heck is that wood to knock on?? After getting 2 shots which freaked her out Raegan came home and began another vomit session. A call back to the Ped office assures us that her immunization shots had nothing to do with it. The plus side, I guess, is that she is taking her shots well. Also good is the fact that she has bad diarrhea and it bothers her so she has been running to sit on the potty all evening.. which is reinforcing her potty training in the biggest way. Oh, did I mention she is 90% potty trained now? Just in the last few days. No diapers all day. Not needing to remind her to go potty for the most part, she just goes when she needs to. Still needs pull-ups at night but hey, it's a great start! So yah, potty on the potty = GOOD. Puke on the Mommy = Much less good.

Kael took his shots like a CHAMP. Fussed for a minute at most then played with the band-aids. He's a bit on the anemic side which doesn't surprise me as it's only in the last few weeks that he's been accepting milk of any form our of a bottle/cup, yet nursing less and less. Plus, not much of a fan of iron rich foods. Oh. News there as well.

He's almost weaned.

We have been down to once a day ( pre-breakfast) for the last 10 days.. but today Matt got up with the kids and I got to sleep in. No pre-breakfast. 36 hours, no boobies. Then he frantically wanted a pre-bed snack, which I obliged him with. I think I have 2 weeks or so, at most, left to enjoy with him. Then, done. Forever. Never again. I find myself paying serious attention every time he nurses now, just in case that ends up being the last time. I'm having a bit of an issue wrapping my mind around that. The idea that never again, ever, in my life, will I snuggle a child to my bosom and nurse. OK, that sounded so stupid, but you get the idea. It's odd seeing a phase leave... I will never have children of nursing age again. I will never have that...power?bond?.... again.

OK, not thinking about it anymore. Looking ahead. Good things coming up. Preschool! Diaper free days! Karate class! etc. ad-nauseum.

No comments: